What are cookies
Cookies are small text strings sent by the applications visited by the User to his terminal (usually the browser), where they are stored to be retransmitted to the same applications at the following visit of the same User.
The word Cookie relates both to the same cookies as well as to all similar technologies.
Cookies are used in order to faster access to online services and to improve the activity of browsing of the User through session tracking, storage of information, faster uploading of contents, etc.
Types of cookies
Cookies are classified as follows:
- First-Party Cookies — proprietary cookies used by the Site in order to enable the User to browse more efficiently and/or monitor the actions he exercises.
- Third-Party Cookies — cookies that are set from a Site other than the one the User is currently visiting in order to allow him to browse more efficiently and/or to monitor the actions exercised by him.
Furthermore, there are different types of cookies:
- Technical and Analytics Cookies — cookies regarding activities strictly necessary for the operation and provision of the service (ex. session cookies to log in), cookies related to the activity of saving preferences and of optimization (ex. cookies to save the cart or language choices/currency, etc.), analytical cookies for the collection of information in an anonymous and aggregate form. Technical cookies include:
- Session or Browsing Cookies — used to keep track of the activity of User in the internet. They guarantee normal browsing and use of the Site, allowing for example to rapidly browsing and make a purchase or to authenticate for accessing to restricted areas, and are actually necessary for its proper functioning.
- Functional Cookies — allow the User to browse in accordance to a set of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for the purchase, etc.) in order to improve the service offered to the User.
- Analytics Cookies — used to collect information regarding the use of the Site. The Data Controller uses this information for statistical analysis and to improve the Site and to simplify its use, as well as to monitor its correct functioning. This type of cookie collects anonymous information regarding the activity of Users in the Site and regarding the modalities in which they reached the visited Site and the pages. Cookies in this category are sent from the site itself or from third-party domains. Analytical cookies may be:
- First-Party Analytics Cookies — assimilated in terms of regulation to technical cookies whether used by the Data Controller of the Site without profiling the User, but exclusively to collect information, in an aggregate and anonymous form, regarding the number of Users and how they visit the Site for statistical purposes and to improve the performance of the site.
- Third-Party Analytics Cookiess — are made available by third parties and are assimilated to technical cookies if third parties do not make User profiling by using appropriate tools to reduce the identification potential of cookies (for example, by masking significant portions of the IP address) and without integrating gathered information with other information already made available.
- Profiling Cookies — used to track User browsing on the internet and to create a profile of his habits. Profiling cookies include:
- First-Party Profiling Cookies — installed by the Data Controller to create User profiles in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences displayed in the browsing in the internet. Given their particular invasiveness in the private sphere of Users, the applicable law requires that Users, prior adequate notice regarding the use of the relevant cookies, must give their consent.
The use of these cookies requires the acquisition of prior consent of the User.
Cookies installed in the Site
The cookies on this Site are:
- Technical and Analytics Cookies — necessary to operate the Site, for aggregated statistical analysis and to improve and simplify the use of the Site and to save preferences of browsing and to optimize the browsing experience of the Use.
- Third-Party Cookies — which may also make activity of profiling and tracking of the User even without the acknowledgement of Data Controller. For further information, we recommend the User to carefully review the privacy policies of the individual services listed below.
Please find below the list of third-party cookies used by this Site:
Cookies have a duration determined by the expiration date or a specific action such as closing the browser set up at the time of installation. Cookies may be:
- Temporary or Session — used to store temporary information, allowing the User to link actions that are executed during a specific session, and are removed from the computer when the browser is turned off.
- Persistent Cookies — used to store information, such as the login name and password of the User, in order to prevent the same User from typing them again each time he visits a specific website. These remain stored on the computer even once closed the browser.
Expression of consent
Consent can be provided by the User by clicking the "Accept" button on the banner and/or by scrolling on the page and/or accessing to any other sections of the Site by clicking on the links on the web page below the banner itself. At any time, it is possible for the User to modify or revoke his consent.
How to disable cookies
The User can manage preferences relating to cookies directly in his browser and prevent third parties from installing cookies. Further, it is also possible to delete cookies that have been installed in the past, including the cookie in which the expression of consent to the installation of cookies has been saved by this Site. By disabling all cookies, the operation of this Site may be compromised.
The User can find information and exercise his right to object the tracking of cookies in his browser at the following addresses:
- Internet Explorer — Further information here.
- Google Chrome — Further information here.
- Mozilla Firefox — Further information here.
- Opera — Further information here.
- Apple Safari — Further information here.
In addition, cookies can be disabled by requesting opt-outs directly to third parties or via Your Online Choices where the User can manage the tracking preferences of most of the advertising tools.
In order to modify the settings related to Flash cookies, it is possible to click on this link.
Rights of the User
The Users may exercise specific rights with respect to Personal Data processed by the Data Controller. In particular, the User has the right to:
- withdraw its consent at any time;
- object the Processing of its Data; access its Data;
- monitor and request the rectification of Data;
- obtain a restriction of Processing;
- obtain the erasure or remotion of its Personal Data;
- receive its Data or obtain the transfer to a different Data Controller;
- lodge a complaint before the supervisory authority for the protection of personal data or start legal proceedings.
In order to exercise their rights, the Users may send a request to the contact information of the Data Controller indicated in this document. These requests are free of charge and performed by the Data Controller in the shortest possible time, in any case no later than 30 days.
In order to exercise these rights, please contact the Data Controller — Commerce Layer, Inc. — with registered office in 2965 Woodside Road, Woodside CA 94062 - USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about data processing can be found here.